A teenager just can't learn how to grow up in the ruined world he lives in. So how does he cope? He doesn't. He knows that he and the world don't go together. But he's okay with that...beacause at least he knows where he's going.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

"Dodging Glances On The Street"

Found this archived draft from the 17th of July.

Today I was at work doing my best to get some more tips. I mean, I've only worked at that station twice, but my boss was extremely impressed with me because apparenty he's never seen someone get that many tips in two hours. Especially in Orem, Utah.

Anyway, I was kinda lost in my own world and this booth asked me for more breadsticks. So I was on my way back to the kitchen when I almost ran into someone.

I knew immediatly who the person was: Harry. It felt like I had just jumped off a cliff back at Sand Hollow. I knew what he looked like from the back so well that now that's the only way I recognize him. I turned around immediatly and dodged his glances until he left. I don't think he saw me, unless he turned around as I did.

My legs were shaking for the next five minutes. I was so sickened by my actions. Yesterday, I saw him in church and almost said hello, but kept walking. Moments later I kicked myself because I know he now thinks I'm ignoring him. But my ignoring instincts have had to kick in for so long that now that's my only instinct when I see him.

Funny, because I hadn't seen his face till yesterday. And I didn't recognize him.

"Talk"-Coldplay, from "X&Y"
Oh brother, I can’t get through
I’ve been trying hard to meet you ‘cause I don’t know what to do
Oh brother, I can’t believe it’s true
I’m so scared about the future and I wanna talk to you
Oh I wanna talk to you

You can take a picture of something you see
In the future where will I be?
You can climb a ladder up to the sun
Or a write a song nobody has sung or do
Something that’s never been done

Are you lost or incomplete?
Do you feel like a puzzle, you can’t find your missing piece?
Tell me how do you feel?
Well, I feel like they’re talking in a language I don’t speak
And they’re talking it to me

So you take a picture of something you see
In the future where will I be?
You can climb a ladder up to the sun
Or a write a song nobody has sung or do
Something that’s never been done,
Or do something that’s never been done

So you don’t know where you’re going and you wanna talk?
And you feel like you’re going where you’ve been before?
You tell anyone who’ll listen but you feel ignored?
Nothing’s really making any sense at all? Let’s talk
Let’s talk...let’s talk...let’s talk.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

I remember this post... You put it up, then took it down. I wondered why... I had a guess, too...

Saturday, August 06, 2005 4:06:00 PM

 
Blogger Noah said...

I see what you mean Marcus.

Sunday, October 30, 2005 4:02:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home