A teenager just can't learn how to grow up in the ruined world he lives in. So how does he cope? He doesn't. He knows that he and the world don't go together. But he's okay with that...beacause at least he knows where he's going.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Sand Hollow

I decided I was too lazy to type out everything that happened in the last two days, so I just sent it as an audioblog. You can listen to my bewildering rantings below...I realize that half the time in that message I don't know what the heck I'm saying. The reasons for why my mind was flayed alive is mentioned in the recording.

this is an audio post - click to play


I should add that while I was down there I was engaged in a couple of conversations about deaths that have occured lately. Everyone agrees that a lot of people are passing away. Just about everyone that was with me had a close one pass away in the last month or so. And everyone knew a person or two who'd died recently.

As long as we were talking about that, it was mentioned that two people had died at Sand Hollow in recent weeks. This was nerve-wracking because Sand Hollow State Park just opened this summer. I think it even opened the first week of July, actually.

Chase Jesperson came up. I found out that a lot of people had negative things to say about him. Almost no one liked him, except that he was funny. Also, a week before his accident he was talking about someone he didn't particularily like and said, "I hope he dies in an accident or something."

And in addition I learned exactly how he died. He was on a jet ski and crashed into a friend while making a U-turn or something. I already knew that but I found out that the friend's name was Tawny Christensen. Tawny Christensen has lived in the house behind me for many years.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mavis Fausker said...

It was Tawny? That's horrible! Tawny's awesome. After all the years that I've known her (back in the day we were nearly friends; good aquaintences at least) even though we don't really talk anymore, she's never treated me like some other people I knew back then have. She's still nice to everyone that I know of.

I must admit, Chase wasn't exactly one of the most on-task people in chemistry, (okay, that's an understatement) but I would never wish that on him.

Friday, July 15, 2005 10:21:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Best Foo Fighters song is "Everlong," by the way.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 8:09:00 AM

 
Blogger Lindsey said...

I finally got to listen to the post and I've got to say, you crack me up. It's been so long since I've heard your voice... I love how you say "aloe vera". And yes, it's miraculous. My lack of cooking skills can attest to that... Long story.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 9:26:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home