A teenager just can't learn how to grow up in the ruined world he lives in. So how does he cope? He doesn't. He knows that he and the world don't go together. But he's okay with that...beacause at least he knows where he's going.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Prove You're Something Like Human

Where are you, Christmas? Why can't I find you?
Why have you gone away?
Where is the laughter you used to bring me?
Why can't I hear music play?
My world is changing, I'm rearranging
Does that mean Christmas changes too?


I wonder what we are all waiting for. Our futures are trying to beat the door down, and here we are doing the best we can to ignore the knocking. But someday the door will come crashing down. And we know it. What are we gonna do when that happens?

Will we forget how to say goodbye?

This world is slowly turning upside down. What are you holding on to? Do you even realize that it's turning? Do you care?

The greatest of teachers won't hesitate
To leave you there, by yourself, chained to fate

I alone love you, I alone tempt you
I alone love you...fear is not the end of this...


What happened to innocence and all that stuff? What happened to childhood? What happened to those fairy tales?

What happened to us? We used to be so perfect. Now we're lost and lonely.

Where are you, Christmas?
Do you remember the one you used to know?
I'm not the same one
See what the time's done
Is that why you have let me go?

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Mmm, Marcus, you successfully creeped me out.

Okay, that sounds out of place. It's just something you wrote that sounded exactly like – well, we'll leave it at that.

I don't want to say good-bye. It's already happening, though.

Is this the end or only the beginning?

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 5:11:00 PM

 
Blogger Noah said...

only the beginning?

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 3:52:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home