A teenager just can't learn how to grow up in the ruined world he lives in. So how does he cope? He doesn't. He knows that he and the world don't go together. But he's okay with that...beacause at least he knows where he's going.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

A Late Night with Titration

Yeah, I'll bet you took one look at the title of this post and went, "What the blazes is titration?"

Well, sorry to dash your hopes, but it ain't a drug. It's a chemisry concept. And that's about as much as I can tell you, because I don't know much else. Other than it's hard to do in a lab.

I'm currently up at three in the morning, and I'm supposed to be cramming for a chemistry test. But unfortunatly, I find that procrastinating is a lot more interesting. I'm solving two life problems at once--one problem is mine, and another problem belongs to a good friend of mine. (Eventually I'll have to give her a name, because she may come up a lot.) And a few hours ago, I was solving...like, what? Five life problems?

You know what I wanna know? Titration is something you're never going to hear about once you exit the high school doors. Why on earth do we force young teenagers to study it? Not that I want some rain on my parade, or to complain. But honestly, people. We pay educators to waste time and money (which some say are the same thing) talking about something that we won't even care about later.

Why don't they teach teens how to solve life's problems instead? Grown-ups just love to act like they know how to solve them sometimes. I say, share the wealth of knowlege. Tell me, good sir: how to you talk to a gay friend? Or comfort someone who's been raped? Or escape bullies at school? Or develop good relationships? Or...

Those seem to be things that matter later in life.

Or maybe...I'm completely delirious and I'm uncapable of doing anything right now. Seeing as how it's three in the morning, and my nocturnal clock is already out of wack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home